Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Wish For My Birthday...

I have always been able to make friends easily...always been someone people seek out and like to spend time with. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am usually pretty upbeat and positive, although I think there is a little more to it than that. From the time I was small, I could see the light in others, and I treated them accordingly. People appreciate being seen and respected for who they are and are very receptive to anyone who can see them this way.

When I look at people, I don't see gender, or race, or religion, or political orientation, or culture, or sexual orientation, or body size/shape, or any of those labels the world places on people which ultimately divide and separate them. I see their hopes, their fears, their accomplishments, their frustrations, their sadnesses, their illness, their joys, their hearts. I see the light within each one, and my own light within reaches out to touch each individual I come into contact with--to embrace it and say, "I love you!" And I do it without words. On some level, people get this, and they respond in positive ways.

Today is my birthday. It has been lovely so far and promises to get better as I continue to celebrate forty-seven years of life. There is, however, one fly in the ointment. I see so much disharmony in the world. There are too many people who go through life labeling and judging everyone they run across. This one is liberal. That one is conservative. This one is gay. That one is straight. We use these labels (which we have been taught through our upbringings!) to distinguish ourselves and find our place in the world. The problem is, labels do not make us who we are! The labels only serve to divide and separate us from one another.

We are not labels!!! We are light!!! My wish for my birthday is for you to spend a few minutes to recognize your own light as well as the light of all others. It is time to understand we are all beings of immense value and worth! It is time to allow ourselves to shine our own light and to be willing to allow the light in others to expand and magnify the light we personally carry. It is only by opening up and sharing this light that we can expand and grow into the beings we are truly meant to be. A new and exciting world awaits us all once we can embrace this understanding!
With all my love,
Cindy

2 comments: