Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Choice...

There is one thought pressing down on me today. It is time to make a choice. I'm not really sure why it has to be made today--only that now is the time for me to make it. The choice comes down to how I am going to live my life and whether or not I want to live it in a world of violence and chaos or a world of peace. I feel very strongly it will come down to either one or the other.

Seems like a relatively easy choice. I mean, who in their right mind would purposefully choice violence and chaos over peace? Suffice it to say, the choice is a little more complicated than that. For me, the choice involves both intention and resolve.

My definition of intention is the conscious act of working toward a particular goal and bringing it into reality. The way I see it, if I am going to choose a life of peace, it is up to me to seek it out! I must understand what peace is--so much so that I become peace. Not only will I find peace in the world around me but I will actively attract it to myself and my world. I truly believe we find that which we seek. A choice to live peace involves bringing peace to the forefront of your thoughts.

The second part of the equation is resolve. It is important to be committed to your choice--to continue to strive for and work toward that goal. Wavering on your decisions gets you no closer to them. You must be so committed to your decision that you continue to make progress--even when obstacles seem to block your path. If you are resolved to see your choice through, you will get there eventually.

I know a good many people who see the country's economic woes and see the collapse that is all but inevitable. Most of them are doing what they can to stock up on food, medical supplies and toiletries. Some of them are even stocking up on guns and ammunition. While I am not against having a weapon, I question my needing one. Why would I automatically assume I would need a weapon to protect myself and my loved ones from others who would take my supplies? Why couldn't I instead assume that my supplies and myself will become a part of a larger community who are committed to helping each other overcome whatever financial crisis may be on the horizon? I believe that if I place too much of my focus/intention on fear, this will eventually manifest itself. Needless to say, I do not want to go there!

Therefore, the choice that I make today is a choice for peace. That doesn't mean the world will just magically manifest all goodness and light. It will mean my world will manifest goodness and light. If you make the choice for violence and chaos (usually fear-based), that is what will manifest for you.

Eventually, this is a choice we will all have to make. Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment