Monday, October 18, 2010

The Presence of Money

I was one of those people who grew up learning thoughts that hinder the flow of money. "Money doesn't grow on trees" and "rich people get ahead by stepping on the little guy" were mantras I unconsciously embraced as fact. Consequently, my life hasn't exactly flowed with money. I have worked on getting rid of these ideas for years, using techniques like EFT (The EFT Manual (EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques))and Wayne Dyer's Excuses Begone (Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits ). I have had great success using many of these ideas. Still, the effects of these beliefs have lingered and I often ask the question "What am I still clinging to that separates me from money?" Ironically, my answer lies in that specific question.

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a spiritual retreat. I was looking forward to it because I have met with this group of people before and I know them to be open vessels who crave the presence of Source in their lives. Because of this, they carry a very precious energy which I enjoy tapping into. This past weekend was no exception.

We walked into the opening service a little late, so a powerful spiritual energy hit me as I entered the room. As I sat there and allowed myself to experience this Source energy, I felt the "oneness" of everything. Everything existed in this space--from each individual on earth to their feelings to every animal and each blade of grass. I felt the connection and interconnections of all these things. As I gave myself permission to rest in this space, I was able to isolate individual items within it. The first one I was able to feel was the presence of money. Its presence was benign. It was not flashy or extravagant. It was not evil. It just existed with no pretense or presumption. This is when I understood. Money, like everything else, is a part of me. I am not separate from it. This knowledge gave me a peace about money I have never experienced before.

I continue to rest in this flow of energy where money and everything else exists, whenever I get the chance. As I get used to being in this space, it begins to be part of both my conscious mind and my subconscious one. Essentially, it all gets back to "oneness". I now know I am not separate from anything, including money. It is a part of me just as love and joy are a part of me. The money is always present, and now I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment