Friday, May 22, 2009

Freedom

After months of planning and anticipation, I walked off the job today. I have to confess, I felt no regret. I just felt relieved and very free. It's a curious sensation for me. I seem to stay in a constant state of nervousness and anxiety most days. You would think that with no job lined up and nothing specific to earn money in the works I would be in full panic mode. Wonder of wonders, I feel none of those things.

I do feel treasured. I feel this way because I really believe the world is opening up a very new and beautiful reality for me. I have asked for this new reality for a long time, but up to this point and have lacked the faith to boldly step out and take the actions necessary to get there. Now I KNOW it is my turn--my time.

I have this old college friend--Dave. In many ways he is an inspiration to me. Even though he majored in business, his real love is music. He was part of some bands, and it seemed as though he was always playing his guitar and performing for people. After college, he moved to Nashville to pursue his dream of being in the music business.

I have kept up with him some since college. At one point, I got to see him when he was the stage manager for an up and coming country singer and had toured with the Judds. A few years later he was part of a band touring with Christian rock singer Carmen. I'm not sure exactly what he's doing right now, but I know he is still based in Nashville chasing his music dreams.

What is truly inspirational to me is how God takes care of Dave. Even though he doesn't have the comfort of a regular 9-to-5 sort of job with regular pay, his needs are provided for. Dave lives his life on his own terms and enjoys what he does. Dave is free from the ideas that tie most people down to a life of drudgery and boredom.

Now I'm free. I'm not sure what life has in store for me, but the possibilities are endless. I am trusting that God is providing for me and will meet all my needs as they come up. I am trusting that my gifts and talents can now be utilized to their fullest potential. I am trusting that I am finally free to come into my inheritance. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment