Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Love Rollercoasters!


You know that feeling you get when your seat on the rollercoaster has just been pulled up that first big hill? You're sitting, very briefly, at the top, wondering why you chose to go on the ride in the first place and knowing full well there is no way you can get off of it at this point. You look down that big hill, your heart racing as you anticipate the thrill your stomach gets as it goes into freefall. Anticipation. It's one of the most exciting parts of riding the rollercoaster.

That's exactly the feeling I have at this point in my life. I feel as though I'm at the top of the rollercoaster, looking down, anticipating the ride. I can feel the momentum--there is absolutely no way I can get off the coaster at this stage of the game. Life is pulling me forward. Then again, I don't really want to. I've been told this is the most thrilling, wonderful rollercoaster I will ever have the pleasure of riding, and I am excited to be on it.

Am I scared? You bet! Will it be worth the fear and the pain and the excitement? Absolutely! I have come too far--correction, we have come to far--to not enjoy the ride. There is no going back. There is only going forward. And there is no stopping it! Can you feel it? I know the end of the ride is going to be even better than the beginning!

I love rollercoasters, don't you? Hang on, we're getting ready for the first big hill!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment