Friday, March 11, 2011

To Trust In Man (Part 17)

Author's note: The following post is part of a series dealing with my experiences in the Jeffrey Lundgren cult and what I learned from those experiences. My hope is that my story will teach others the importance of listening to the voice of God within for their answers. Peace. cse

Of Dreams

Throughout my descent into separation from God, I may have abandoned God, but God never abandoned me. I was given a mother who wouldn't let things go, a husband who knew better and a new job I could become totally absorbed in. I had something else as well--something we all have: dreams.

I don't often remember my dreams, but I do believe dreams are a way we connect to God. Throughout recorded history, dreams have been thought of as links to the supernatural world. I see dreams as a built-in system to connect us to what scientists today sometimes refer to as "the zero-point field" or "the matrix"--the mysterious substance that flows in and through all things. Christians call it the Holy Spirit. I've theorized this is why people who are sleep deprived develop mental problems--they've lost this important
connection to God.

I had been back in Iowa for quite some time when I had a dream I remembered. I believe it occurred sometime around the spring of 1989, although it has been so long ago at this point I'm not absolutely sure. In my dream, three of my Kirtland friends, including my former roommate and one of my former coworkers, were riding in a hot air balloon. As it floated along, it ran into electric power lines. One of my friends actually fell out of the balloon and came out dazed but survived. My other two friends survived, but were badly shaken by the experience.

The dream bothered me immensely. It seemed to indicate some problems in Kirtland, although I had no idea what sort of problems. I wrote a couple of letters--one to my roommate and one to my former coworker, asking if they were okay. I never got a response.

It would be a good six to nine months later before I would understand why.

The story continues: http://cocoontobutterfly.blogspot.com/2011/03/to-trust-in-man-part-18.html

*(For more information on this incident, one of the best books written is Prophet of Death. the Mormon Blood-Atonement Killings by Pete Earley. It's very detailed and uncomfortably graphic, but he did his research well. Earley gets to the heart of why Jeff and his followers acted as they did, without bias. Also, A&E did a segment of their show American Justice on this topic: American Justice: The Cult Murders.)

No comments:

Post a Comment