Monday, May 14, 2012

Losing Your Argument

I have been very disappointed in people lately. While I have been able to receive bits and pieces of truth from many different sources, I have been upset at some of the in-fighting that goes on between these various groups. The truth I feel I've received makes me feel incredibly light. The fighting, when I allow myself to fixate on it, can really bring me down.

We have all grown up in a reality that tells us there is always a right and a wrong--a good and a bad, and it is our job to stand against all that is wrong. Consequently, we spend a great deal of time and energy focused on the fight.

I tell you now, it is wasted energy! We are all good and bad, right and wrong, all of the time! The reason fighting and arguing uses so much energy is because we only fight ourselves! It is never a struggle we can win because it inevitably leads to our own destruction.

This is why listening to the arguments of others brings us down! Deep in our hearts we know the fight is never over when we focus on it. Keeping the argument alive only prolongs the pain!

Time to let go of your judgments--of your preconceived notions. They are worn-out and tired, and so are we! When we choose to argue, we inevitably lose--our strength, our power, our virtue. It is not about proving ourselves right and those who disagree with us wrong. It is about love and acceptance and finding out how we are connected!!!

Losing your argument does not make you wrong! It allows you to move beyond the conflict and become the person you were truly meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment