Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Prayer of Saint Francis

The world is full of confusion and chaos right now as it goes through the changes involved in its evolution--growing pains you could call them. Fear seems to be widespread as no one is exactly sure just what will happen. As I contemplated this morning about how I want to manifest in the world at this chaotic time, my thought was that I want to be a healer. I want to bring healing to the earth, to society, and to my fellow humans. I want to so embody peace that just being in my presence will bring light and healing to those I touch. Seems like a pretty tall order, but there have been examples in my life of people who embodied this ideal. I know it can be done!

I naturally found myself praying/communing with the Source of all things. The words that came to mind turned into a prayer I've known for years, The Prayer of Saint Francis.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

          ~Saint Francis of Assisi







No comments:

Post a Comment