Friday, May 27, 2011

The Lie

I absolutely adore The Matrix movies, starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne and Carrie-Anne Moss. To me, they are so profound in their symbolism--prophetic even. They are a series about one man's journey to discover the truth, to overcome the lies he has lived with all his life, and to transcend the conflict in order to attain a true state of peace. My life the past few years has been all about this same journey--to discover the truth, overcome the lie and find a state of peace.

In the movie, Keanu Reeves character Neo, makes the choice to question the way things are. Intuitively, he knows something does not feel right. His questions lead him to answers he does not anticipate--that people are imprisoned by machines to be an energy source for the machines to use. The world they live in is one based purely in the mind (in the lie). Absorbing the truth and learning to use it becomes a process--an evolutionary journey. This is the stage I believe I am personally in. I feel like the blinders have been pulled off and I am finally seeing the truth my world has tried to hide from me all these years to keep me in bondage to those who would control my life. It has not been an easy transition. I was used to the lies, and because they were familiar they were comforting to me.

I now anticipate the conclusion Neo comes to in his journey--that the solution is truly about peace. In the end, his character goes to the machines they are fighting with--the same ones that have imprisoned them for all those years--and tells them the people are willing to stop the fighting if the machines are.

"Ah! But the movie ends with Neo fighting his nemesis, you say!" Yes, but the answer to that is also symbolic. During the course of the movie, Neo discovers that his nemesis, Agent Smith, is really the dark half of himself or his ego. In the end, what Neo really overcomes is his individuality so that he can become whole.

The lie we have been told in this lifetime is that we are separate--that there is a right and a wrong, a good and a bad. While it is true there is a dual nature in this earth, each element is part of the Oneness. We continue to fight and struggle with one another because we believe one way is better than another and are focused on winning the fight. Our lives are not about winning the fight. They are about understanding ourselves and the Oneness more clearly. It is only when we stop fighting we can truly live as we were intended to live--as One.

Wake up! Question with boldness! The truth is out there! Learn to overcome the lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment