Sunday, December 9, 2012

Forty Days of Light: Day Twenty-Nine Meditation

When I was growing up in a rather spiritually oriented family, we talked in great length about working to establish the kingdom of God on earth. Somehow, I always believed it could exist, even though I knew the many experiments which tried to develop utopian societies usually failed. I knew there had to be more than the sadness, violence and hatred of the world around me. I knew it didn't have to be that way. I believed I could change it.

As I continue on this journey toward the beginning of a new age, I become aware of the kingdom's existence around me. It is still only in thought form, but each and every day seems to bring us closer to its physical manifestation. The kingdom of God is being built on a daily basis--in our thoughts, in our dreams, in our prayers. Every moment brings us closer to this reality.
The kingdom of God lies within. It is up to us to live it--to become it. By living our inner world, we are able to create a new reality.

Today's Prayer For Light:
Source of inspiration,
We hold a vision of the world we wish to exist--a world of joy and love and peace. Help us grasp this inner vision so well we are able to live it. It is by living the vision--becoming the vision--we are able to manifest it in this physical plane. We wish to be a part of the kingdom, and so it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment