Monday, December 3, 2012

Forty Days of Light: Day Twenty-Three Meditation

Many days we are so focused on holding ourselves in the light we forget that sometimes we need to help hold others in the light as well. Today is the day to focus on bringing light to others--holding their hands, lifting them up, taking the journey with them! This shift in consciousness is a shift toward the Oneness way of thinking, and we are all included!

This morning, I had the opportunity to sit in the lobby at a doctor's office while I waited for my daughter to finish with her appointment. I realized, sitting there with people with various problems, that I have a tendency to hold my own energy back from the energy of others. It is a protective instinct, done because I can be quite empathic at times. Sometimes, feeling the strong emotions others feel overwhelms me and I naturally pull back from experiencing these extremes myself.

The thing is, the world is hurting--a lot. Closing ourselves to the problems does not allow participation in fixing them. I understood in that moment in the doctor's office that I need to begin to open myself up so that I can be a conduit for healing and peace. Holding myself back benefits no one, including myself.

Listening to this song made me cry, but well worth the listen!

Today's Prayer For Light:
Source of Oneness,
We ask your assistance in opening ourselves up to others so we may be so in tune with them we can be your instruments of peace and love in the world. We know the world is hurting. Help us be that peace, so the world may also become peace. As our song becomes One, we all heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment