Monday, December 24, 2012

The Day Before Christmas

I've always loved Christmas! The planning. The gift-giving. The baking. Getting together with my family (which has always been good for me as we all get along!). I even have a collection of Nativity sets I totally love! Still, as I get a bit older and my kids are grown and going their own ways, I find myself a little saddened by the changes.

The world is a much different place than when I was a kid (not to say it was perfect then--not by a long shot!), but then again I am not the same person either. I have been educated and tested by life in ways I had not even imagined. Many of my experiences have been downright tough, but I have been able to forge ahead and make some sense of it all.

Today is the day before Christmas. While much of the mystique of the holiday is gone for me, what remains is much more important. Family. Love. Communion. These are the things I look to as I do my part to heal the planet. I am thankful for the experiences as they have all given me the opportunity to bring my strengths, talents and creativity to the forefront.

In many respects, the day before Christmas is just another day. However, I now know that every day is a new day. Every day has the potential to bring about change for the better. Every day is the chance to start fresh and create something new and exciting. What will I choose to create today? As I contemplate family and love and communion I look forward to increasing my "family" circle and sharing this life with all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment